Due to the San Francisco Bay Area shelter-in-place mandate the June 10th Membership meeting has been cancelled.
A decision about the September meeting was postponed in the hope of a positive development that will lift the shelter-in-place restrictions now placed upon us. We will keep you informed.
If you have any free time between now and June 1st, why not enter a few pictures of the amazing Roses from your garden. The Alameda County Fair is still having a Rose show but it will be done with Pictures. There is no entry fee and it is very easy to enter.
Here is the suggestion for taking the Photos from the Judge:
"We haven't specified how the image needs to be taken. It can either be on the plant or in a vase. While the focus will be on the bloom itself, we should be able to also see the foliage and stem."
I was not able to capture the stem on some of my entries so just do your best.
Go to the Alameda County Fair Registration page: https://alamedaward.fairwire.com/
Select Sign In and Complete the Exhibitor Registration
Here are the steps to Enter your Roses and Upload the images after you have Signed in:
1) Select Create Entries
2) For Entries Select Department Gardening and Division Roses
3) Select one of the 8 Classes
4) Enter a title for your Rose - I used the name
5) Enter any description you like but don't use your name
6) Add that entry to your cart
7) Select Continue
8) Selecting Add a similar entry - fills in the Department and Division and you can add more Roses
9) When done Select Review in the top
10) Here you can edit or Add more entries
11) When done Select Check-out
12) Type in "YES" to agree to their Terms and select Submit
13) On the Confirm Screen you need to Upload your Files
14) Select Upload Files at the bottom of the screen - On the upload screen there is a video you can watch if you have questions - Select Press for Instructions to watch the video. To close the video go to the bottom of the page and select Close X
15) Make sure you are uploading the correct image - Confirm Entry title and Description then select Choose File and from your PC Confirm the preview of the image matches the description and Select Upload. There is an 8 MB size limit for each photo. Continue this process to upload all the Roses you have Entered.
16) When you have finished uploading all your Rose images select Done and Confirm.
17) If you want to go back and enter more Roses you can Select Edit in Cart in the top left or logout and Sign in to create a new Cart and add more entries there.
This is the official Guide from the Fair. You can see the 8 Rose classes and lots of other Virtual competitions you may be interested in like Floral Design.
01 HYBRID TEAS/GRANDIFLORA
05 OLD GARDEN ROSES
07 ROSE BOUQUETS: One Color, At least 10 Roses, W/Foliage
08 ROSE BOUQUETS: Any Color, At least 10 Roses, W/Foliage
Membership is open to anyone interested in growing or showing roses. Membership is $20/year per person, or $25/year per couple.
Mount Diablo Rose Society meets the second Wednesday of each month
(except July & August) at:
Dublin Library Community Room
200 Civic Plaza, Dublin, CA
See Meetings page for upcoming programs.
Dublin ~ *Dolores Moffat (925) 556-5449
Hayward ~ *Jolene Adams (510) 537-2326
or Patty Shadden (510) 432-5122
Livermore ~ Lou Evans (925) 371-6115
or Jan Hayward (925) 605-6709
Alamo ~ Carl Meier (925) 519-0399
Fremont ~ John Dronkers-Laureta (510) 468-3242
President ~ Peggy Carlson
Vice President ~ Carl Meier
Treasurer ~ Linda Nardy
Secretary ~ Kathy Knabke
Director-at-Large ~ John Dronkers-Laureta
Director-at-Large ~ Patty Shadden
Newsletter ~ John Dronkers-Laureta
Emerald Glen Rose Garden ~ Kathy Knabke
200 Civic Plaza, Dublin, California 94568, United States
Copyright © 2020 Mount Diablo Rose Society - All Rights Reserved.